Mass storage (USB HD, USB stick) not working on Toshiba Satellite A100-683 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-683 running with Vista RTM.

Everyhing is working fine, except external mass storage devices (ie USB harddisk, USB stick). When I plug in the USB mass storage device, Vista is going to search for drivers and cannot find them.

When I use the same mass storage devices on my Toshiba Portuege tablet with Vista (and other Vista notebooks from collegeaus), the USB mass storage are directly available.

Other USB devices (like mouse, webcam) are working correctly.

Suggestions ??

Marcel

Friday, December 8, 2006 11:31 AM

All replies

• no one ?
    Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:20 PM
  • I've got exactly the same problem on my desktop running vista RTM. none of my mass storage devices work
    Can't find drivers anywhere. if you've found a fix please let me know

vince
    Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:28 AM
  • Try the drivers for the Portege M400.
    Friday, December 15, 2006 6:34 PM
  • I have the same problem. I have spent 2+ days looking for a solution. . It is absolutely ridiculous that Microsoft doesn't even address this widespread problem on its own forums.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 7:47 AM
  • I'm having the same problems, it's ridiculous.  I have to boot into ubuntu just to transfer some files over to my USB HD..
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1:36 PM
  • I think the problems are caused by the RTM version
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 7:20 PM
  • I've the same issue. I resolved with search drivers on my pc and then selecting c:\windows and look on subfolders.

Every time I insert a new usb stick (different hardware) I must do this slow procedure.

Bye

• Proposed as answer by Rpiatto Monday, July 6, 2009 2:41 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2007 1:41 PM
  • The root cause of this problems appears to be itunes software. Look the link below:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/51281-35-device-recognized-toshiba-laptop-ipod-problems
    Monday, July 6, 2009 2:42 PM