Change file icon in Windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem with a file icon.

I'm archiving some files using Commvault Sympana 10.

When Commvault archive the file the attributs are the following: APLO

But the offline status on the file detail is: online

My problem is, when the file get archived and replace by a stub, it changes the original icon of the file by overlaying a grey X on it.

I want to remove that overlaying process, so the client do not see anything suspicious about the file.

I have tried to change the registry key has the following but no success:

This is what I have putted in the folder Shell Icons:

31  %SystemRoot%\\System32\\shell32.dll,-50

But it doesn't work.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:35 PM

Answers

• Seems to be an application specific problem, once you trigget the process the icon changes. 

I would suggest you to check with commvault support on this. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, March 8, 2015 11:50 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:12 PM
  • Hi dosdroit,

I don't think it is an icon issue and could be fixed by changing shell settings.

A grey X icon means file status usually happen to share folder, offline file sync almost related to cache or network sharing.

Sometimes it also happens overlays you get with some source version control tools with program in your case it might be also caused by this reason as these are un-versioned files I guess.

Since it only happens to specific software and we might know nothing about Commvault Sympana we suggest you contact Commvault support on this issue.

Regards

D. Wu

Saturday, February 28, 2015 3:31 AM

All replies

• Seems to be an application specific problem, once you trigget the process the icon changes. 

I would suggest you to check with commvault support on this. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:12 PM
  • Hi,

I did contact Commvault, they told me Sympana only changes the attributs of the files, not the icon in windows.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Hi dosdroit,

I don't think it is an icon issue and could be fixed by changing shell settings.

A grey X icon means file status usually happen to share folder, offline file sync almost related to cache or network sharing.

Sometimes it also happens overlays you get with some source version control tools with program in your case it might be also caused by this reason as these are un-versioned files I guess.

Since it only happens to specific software and we might know nothing about Commvault Sympana we suggest you contact Commvault support on this issue.

Regards

D. Wu

Saturday, February 28, 2015 3:31 AM