none
Update Media Content issue

Question

• I attempted to update media content to create an ISO file with Microsoft Deployment toolkit version 8450.  I copied the whole process with error towards the end below.  Wanted to see have anybody else encoutered any similar issues in the past and if so, would appreciate recommendations and feedback.

Starting MDT Media Update

Opened the media deployment share.

Folders to be copied to the media deployment share: 6

Copied: DS001:\Applications

Copied: DS001:\Operating Systems

Copied: DS001:\Out-of-Box Drivers

Copied: DS001:\Packages

Copied: DS001:\Task Sequences

Copied: DS001:\Selection Profiles

Copied: DS001:\Applications with Replace option

Copied: DS001:\Operating Systems with Replace option

Copied: DS001:\Out-of-Box Drivers with Replace option

Copied: DS001:\Packages with Replace option

Copied: DS001:\Task Sequences with Replace option

Copied: DS001:\Selection Profiles with Replace option

Copied standard folders.

Boot images updated.

System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Access to the path is denied. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)

at Microsoft.BDD.Core.DirectoryUtility.CopyFile(DEInfo sourceFile, DEInfo destFile, String destFullName)

at Microsoft.BDD.Core.DirectoryUtility.BeginCopyFile(String theSourceFile, String theDestFile)

at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.PEManager.CopyBootFiles(String dest, String architecture)

at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.GenerateMDTMedia.ProcessRecord()

at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.Invoke(IEnumerable input)

at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.GenerateMediaProgress.WizardProcessing()

at Microsoft.BDD.Wizards.WizardProgress.InitiateWizardProcessing()
    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:56 PM

All replies

• Is the ISO, by any chance, currently in use? 

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:34 AM
  • Hey Militon,

Before updating the media content. It's better to once signout from that account then after logged in update the Media Content directly without opening any other DeploymentShare Files. 

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:41 PM
  • Hey Anton, With Media Option, I'm trying to create the iso file out of a wim file through task sequence.  
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:30 PM
  • Ok, I will try that Jitesh, Thanks!
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:36 PM
  • Hey Anton, With Media Option, I'm trying to create the iso file out of a wim file through task sequence.  

I am having difficulties following your explanation. Are you refering to the "Update Media Content" option available under Advanced Configuration\Media? Which brings me back to my original question: is there already an ISO file in the target folder? If so, could you try renaming / deleting it?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:29 PM
  • Anton, Thank you for feedback and it is much appreciated.  Yes, I am referring to the Update Media Content option under Advanced Configuration\media feature.  And there is an ISO file in the target folder. So, I will try what you suggest of deleting it or renaming that target folder of ISO and let you know how it goes.
    Monday, June 18, 2018 12:19 AM