O365 Installer Fails - download fails at 340mb each time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

when creating the O365 installer in SCCM if fails each time with error= and has only downloaded about 340mb of data each time.

I am at a loss as to why this is happening as previous files are about 2.2 Gig.

I get the same issue when I manually run the Office deployment tool as well which I thought seemed strange.

In regard to log files I am not sure which logs to look at regarding the O365 download to the server so if you can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

I have ruled out firewall and AV blocking the download.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The Office installation packages are represented as applications in Configuration Manager. For each deployment group that you defined in your deployment plan, you create a unique Office application using the steps below.

1. In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to Software Library > Overview > Office 365 Client Management.
    2. Click Office 365 Installer in the upper-right pane. The Office 365 Client Installation Wizard opens.
    3. On the Application Settings page, provide a name and description for the app, enter the download location for the files, and then click Next. The location must be specified as \\server\share.
    4. On the Office Settings page, click on Go to the Office Customization Tool, and configure the desired settings for your Microsoft 365 Apps installation. 
    5. When you complete the configuration, click Submit.
    6. On the Deployment page, select Yes to deploy the application, and then click Next.

Reference: 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/deploy-microsoft-365-apps-configuration-manager

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the above reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 22, 2020 2:57 AM