Change Site code of SCCM 2007 to reassign to SCCM 2012 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Hope someone can give me some guidance on this...

We currently have a SCCM 2007 R3 infrastructure and will be migrating over to SCCM 2012 very soon, we are in the planning stages. The Site Code assigned to the SCCM 2007 infrastructure is ideal and we want to use it for the SCCM 2012 setup.

So my question is, how do i go about changing the SCCM 2007 site code and also allow the clients, MPs and DPs to pick up the change with very little effort (not having to vist each client)?

Also, will the change automaticallly be made in AD Systems Management container?

many thanks...

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• The site code won't get changed automatically. There are methods available to migrate all the clients from CM 07 to CM 2012 without much manual efforts. Well explained case study by Microsoft IT is here

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur :: MY Site:  www.AnoopCNair.com :: FaceBook:  ConfigMgr(SCCM) Page :: Linkedin:  Linkedin<

• Marked as answer by The Overfiend Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:29 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Anoop!!!

i am honoured that you have replied to my post! As i do my research regarding SCCM 2012 all i see is your name and your excellent articles popping up! Excellent work that you have been doing!!

Thanks for getting back to me.

• Marked as answer by The Overfiend Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:29 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by The Overfiend Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:29 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:28 PM