Windows 7 Pro does not restart RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Good Day,Sir.

I recently bought Dell Latitude E6430 Laptop. It doesn't restart auto,after I installed some applications.Everytime,as I click restart,it shuts down & a "Dask"mark keeps blinking. To start I've to press power button twice to shut down & start. Also sometime,as I press any application like "Internet Explorer",it shows msg that"THIS PROGRAM HAS STOPPED WORKING".

So I reinstalled Windows-7. Right after reinstallation the "RESTART" option works,but once I install any application,even the Dell sound/Video drivers, it doesn't restart any more,I've to shut down & start.

Would you be kind enough to give a solution via mail,please?(My Email Address: ekoronno@gmail.com) 

Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:36 PM

Answers

• It amazes me that people think someone can diagnose their computer problems based on a post of a few sentences on the internet.  There could be multiple problems with your system and a lot of detail will have to be provided for analysis.  You really should have ti look at by a computer repair professional like Dell Technical Support.

You should contact Dell since you have a new computer and the warranty from Dell covers assistance with problems.

See information by Microsoft @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/contact-support

If Windows was already installed on your PC when you bought it, your PC manufacturer provides support for Windows too.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:16 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:38 PM

All replies

• It amazes me that people think someone can diagnose their computer problems based on a post of a few sentences on the internet.  There could be multiple problems with your system and a lot of detail will have to be provided for analysis.  You really should have ti look at by a computer repair professional like Dell Technical Support.

You should contact Dell since you have a new computer and the warranty from Dell covers assistance with problems.

See information by Microsoft @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/contact-support

If Windows was already installed on your PC when you bought it, your PC manufacturer provides support for Windows too.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:16 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:38 PM
  • My computer was already installed with win 7 home premium and I upgraded to win 7 pro in 2013, but in the last 4 months it shuts down when it is restarted automatically or by the user. I did "sfc/scannow" and found that the os was corrupt. What a waste of my $97.00. It is not always "Ask your PC manufacturer", its be careful of your downloads. But, with documentation (PRODUCT ID, PRODUCT KEY, AND/OR ORDER NUMBER) you can receive a redownload of your product. Sometimes this reinstall helps, just remember to backup pictures, videoes, documents, and important programs, because they might not show up in your old database files, called "Windows Old".

Tony A. Smith,III.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 4:29 AM