none
Ms project issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My project resources units is 25, i been asked to reduce the units to 21 how i can do it (and keep the project days the same) ??
    one more thing, and how i can reduce the units to 21 and also reduce the project time.

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Elran,

Are you using Project Server or Project standalone? Which version is it?

You'll have to be more precise. The unit might refer to different things and is not related to a project.

1. this could be related to a resource with the max unit. This is a resource's attribute usually given in percentage (100%) by default which gives the resource capacity based on his calendar. For example, 100% of max units means that the resource has 40hrs of availability if the calendar is like 5days/8hrs a day.
    2. this could be related to an assignment. If you click on the "view" tab, then "details" checkbox, the lower part of the screen will display the task form showing the unit of the selected assignment in the upper part of the screen. By default the unit is 100%, which means that the assigment's work will be equal to the task duration. If you set the unit to 50%, for a 10 days duration task, the assignment will have 5 days of work.

Please give us more detail and we'll be pleased to help you.

Concerning the project time, I assume you are refering to the project duration. There is quite tricky to answer since there are many ways to reduce a project duration which depends on all the tasks' duration, dependencies, assignments...

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 1:09 PM