Asset Intelligence Update Service Point fails to update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

as the titel says, for a couple of days now, the Site- and Component Status has been showing a critical error for the Asset Intelligence Synchronization Point, stating that the Update Service Point cannot be updated.

The system running is CM 2012 SP1 CU1 on a Server 2008 R2 SP1 Host with an SQL 2012 SP1 installation on the same machine. The AI Point syncs just fine and I can't "see" any errors in daily business tasks. 

The AIUSSetup.log states that AIUS.msi could not be installed. Checking the AIUSMSI.log, I find the "error": AIUSDetectDowngrade_ErrorMessage = A newer version of the SCCM Asset Intelligence Update Service Point is already installed. Which makes the MSI abort. Seems okay to me, but it retries every 60 minutes... is this a known behaviour/error? How could I fix this or turn the update off, if the whole thing's okay?

Cheers,

Fred

Monday, September 30, 2013 1:20 PM

All replies

• You could try removing the role from the server, checking the logs to ensure it completely uninstalls without error, then attempt to put the role back onto the server monitoring the logs for successful installation.

Dustin Estes - MCP

Friday, December 20, 2013 1:57 PM
  • It's been a while since I posted this question and I've found a way to get this running.

The entire error message is a bit confusing, as the source was simple - the AI Update Service Point Service timed out when trying to start. Manually executing AIUS.msi, thus getting access to AI_UPDATE_SERVICE_POINT under services, which did not show up earlier, then changing the startup type to delayed and changing the ServicesPipeTimeout value to 60 seconds in the registry (HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control) and then rebooting did the trick. Everything's working fine now.

Cheers,

Fred

Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:20 AM
  • HOLY ****.... it works!!!!

The IT guys from LukOIL

Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:51 AM