I can't change my Music Files file properties anymore. RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, I wanted to change the properties on the music files I have. I want to change the artist's name, genre, year, album, etc on the music file. I used to be able to do this before but not anymore. I try change it and it changes the music file into nothing. When I click on the file after I change the properties, it just shows me that it cannot find the program that goes with it (probably because it doesn't even exist). I used to be able to do this before without any complication. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and I didn't change. Can someone please help?! And please try to keep it simple and basic on explanation. Thanks.
    Friday, June 1, 2012 1:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you sure that these are MP3 files, and not some other type, like WAV? Please verify this by checking the file type on the General tab of the file's properties.

Have you tried rebooting the PC? If you boot Windows into  Clean Boot mode, can you edit the fields then?The below link would guide you how to set Clean Boot mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also, please check if you can still edit the tags of the files with a third-party tag editor like Mp3tag

Hopes these can help you.

• Edited by Spencer Xi Friday, June 1, 2012 5:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, July 8, 2012 9:12 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 2:43 AM