none
Delivery Status Notification (Delay) in Exchange 2003 from "someone" RRS feed

• Question

• Getting a Delay message.  It's not the reason for the delay that is the question.  It is "who" it is from.  The user listed below "Joe Someone" is not an administrator or has any delegation control of the Exchange system.  My guess is that sometime in the dark past, when exchange was setup, his name was used as the owner.  Where that is, and how to change it are my questions.  Any ideas?

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 11:26 PM

To: Steve Anybody

Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Delay)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

salvo@univeristyxyzuniversity.com

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Do you send email to internal or external ?

If you send email to external, please test if you can resolve and telnet the exchange server of the recipient.

More information for your reference.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed:<//span>

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/is/exchangesvradminlegacy/thread/9e3dc3fe-7ac8-4a3f-84b2-189ff22966b2

Delivery Status Notification (Delay):<//span>

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/uk/exchangesvrsecuremessaginglegacy/thread/48542775-b58f-48a8-9afa-159b2b4bcc9f

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:15 AM
  • Thanks for the answer, but we know why the email was delayed.  (the sender used .com instead of .edu)  The issues is that the notice of the delay comes from someone other than the mailadmin.  It comes from someone else.  The name corresponds to a real name on a user account.  That is someone who is not an administrator.  So I don't know where to change who it came from so that it looks like it is coming from an admin, rather than an employee.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:41 PM
  • I have exactly the same thing to deal with. This is an exchange 2003 server that was setup a few years ago by someone who is no longer with the company, but when anyone receives a DSN, it shows as being 'from' this person. It would be more appropriate to see a DSN coming from 'postmaster' or 'administrator', but I can't for the life of me find where this setting is.
    Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:23 AM