none
W10 1809 - Administrative Share no credential pop-up RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

Since a couple of week I've a problem on our W10 clients.
    When I try to access the adminshare I don't get the credential pop-up.

When I'm logged in as an Admin, I can access all other clients adminshare, since I've the rights to do it.

But as normal user, I should get a credential pop-up...

Anyone has an advice?

• Edited by TDA1990 Friday, July 5, 2019 10:47 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2019 8:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If you have already accessed this share during the period when the computer has not been restarted, then the prompt will not pop up when you access the share again.

The credentials you entered when you previously accessed the share have been cached on your computer.

Unless you restart your computer, you will not be prompted when you access this share again.

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Unfortunately isn't useful.
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:23 PM
  • As said - my problem is I don't get the pop-up at all.

So what you are describing isn't my case.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:23 PM
  • Hi TDA,

Have you read the advance sharing settings configuration setup? Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

Then find All Networks > check Turn on password protected sharing then reboot  your computer.

If it is already checked then uncheck reboot your computer when coming back check it again then reboot your computer then try to access your shared folders.

Mohmo

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:04 AM
  • Hello,

If the problem where related to the network and sharing center, it wouldn't even work with net use.

In my case net use is working.

Also the problem is present on ~80% of our clients.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hello,

Maybe you can consult in AD forum to see if this is caused by something related to UAC.

AD forum: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverDS

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 6:32 AM