Filter by Querystring params RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to do filters by Querystring?  In other words, we have a country page and instead of having the user select the country I would like to pass along countryid = 10 (for Canada).  Then the graphs would be prefiltered for them, with surrounding information on Canada.

Is that even possible?

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 11:14 PM

All replies

• Hi

I can't think of a built-in way to do this but if you are feeling brave you could have go at building a custom report viewer extension using the Monitoring SDK:

Example: Create a report viewer extension

I've not looked too closely but it appears that you can add parameters to a report at run time (one of which could be your country ID).

HTH

Tim

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:07 AM
  • Not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve but at some point the user will have to select which country they would like to see. This could be done on a starting page by adding a member selection filter to that page. You can create a link then to the other pages that you want to see and by having that filter linked to each object on the next page each of the web parts will be filtered by the country selected.

Regards

Paul

Friday, November 9, 2007 1:52 PM
  •  

The idea is really simple...

we want to open a dashboard page where we pass in the URL some filter.

Like a country.

For example I have a first web page with a list of something and I have a country, when I click on it, I want to open my dashboard page filtered on the selected country.

This is usefull for large dimensions.

In my case I have a dimension with 3millions of members and I want to filter my dahsboard for a specific customer; for this I have a dedicated "search" page which is powerfull to select 1 customer.

today the performance point web parts appear to not support any MOSS filter or querystring filter options.

so, what can we do?

do we have to create a custom PPS componant?

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:29 AM