none
MSS RRS feed

All replies

•  

Have you encountered any error? Can Windows SteadyState detect the user accounts set in Windows on the computer?

Monday, September 15, 2008 4:10 AM
  • No. it cannot detect any user accounts.........additionally, when I try to create another account I receive the error message reading: "The user profile cannot be created: Please try again." I tried shutting down my virus suite, I placed permissions in firewalls, went to servises and made sure "steadystate" turned on and several other suggestions.......all to no avail....?

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:09 AM
  •  

Hi, I suggest you try the solutions in the following thread and check the result:

User profile cannot created. Try again

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2881496&SiteID=17

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:57 AM
  • No change after running suggestions. I still cannot create a user profile in steadystate. thanks for your input all the same.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:37 AM
  •  

Thanks for the update. We can create a new account in Windows and see whether this account can be recognized by Windows SteadyState:

1.       Click Start, go to Control Panel.

2.       Click on User Accounts.

3.       Create a new account.

4.       After that, please open Windows SteadyState and check if the account can be detected in User Settings.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:05 AM
  • Well well! I'm struck in awh! It worked: don't ask me explicitly what worked, all I know is that after executed and tweaking according to the guidence offered here and my general mucking up, It worked......Thaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnkk Yoouuuuuuuuuuuu Soooooooooooo Very much!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:23 PM