none
How can you configure MOPPS2007 to work for "Program" entities? RRS feed

• Question

• While I have had good results with MOPPS2007 using "Projects" and "Applications" I cannot get "Programs" to work other than the basic information because there seems to be no way to properly configure it built in.

Has anyone ever been able to use this third of MOPPS2007?

©®
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:11 PM

All replies

• Can you be more specific.  How do you define "Programs" in MOPPS2007?  What information are you not seeing? What are you doing and what are you expecting?

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:46 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thank you for asking.  You know when you are on the "Builder|Main View" you can use the "Portfolio Selector" and in the "Display Entities" you can select "Programs", "Projects", "Applications", and "Projects, Applications"?  Try selecting "Programs" and clicking "Apply" ...

Pick an "Organization" and select "Add" which displays the "Add New Entity Wizard".  Select "Program" and then click "Add Entity" which will send you to to a page where you can add "Program Information" (basic information about the Program)  When you add it, the display refreshes with tabs for ""Budget Cost", "Budget Resource", "Benefit Estimates", etc.  None of these additional tabs work because they cannot be configured with levels data since the input is not allowed, the "Budget Resources" do not work because "There are no Resource Types Available", etc...

There is nowhere on the "Settings" page to input/setup this information for "Programs" (There is for "Projects" and "Applications")

Therefore, other than the basic "Program Information" this part of MOPPS2007 does not work.

I would be very happy if someone could tell me I am doing something wrong (and how to get this working), but I really think there is a glaring omission in the MOPPS application, one that needs to be fixed in order to get "Programs" to work.

Thanks again for any help you can provide!

©®

Charles Roberts
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:44 PM