none
remote desktop connection - mstsc windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• hello 

i need help while configuring a RemoteFX USB redirection , i have a windows embedded 7 standard on thin client and would like to redirect the usbs connected locally with remote desktop , i know i should enable the RemoteFX devices box but i could not find that option on the mstsc client , how i can do thin on Windows 7  

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:39 PM

All replies

• |It's not a client option it's server side on the client you'll have the RDP dialog box which has a local resources tab where a use can set preferences if allowed to by group policy.  What matters here is the version of rep protocol which I think needs to be 8 (assuming your remote desktop are coming form windows 8 VM or win2012R2 session hosts).

So I realise this might not help you but I need to know what servers and VDI stack you are running as windows 7 embedded is not as relevant to your question as what you are running

Andrew (@DEEPFAT)

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:48 PM
  • hello Andrew  

i have Windows thin client with Windows 7 standard SP1 and RDP 8 installed on it , the group policy  [Allow RDP redirection of other supported RemoteFX devices from this computer] is enabled . 

the usb device i am trying to redirect is a PDA [Motorola MC 9090 ] with Microsoft Pocket PC 2002 on it .

the VM is Windows 7 professional on hyper-v server , but no RDVS roles running on the host -- just a hyper-v role

looking forward to hear from u 

Saturday, August 22, 2015 2:28 PM