Polycom CX600 - No Credential Prompt in Lync Attendant RRS feed

• Question

• Since I could never get a credential prompt in Lync Attendant (but I can in the Lync Client) I updated the CX600 to the latest firmware and I still can't get a prompt for credentials in Lync Attendant.  Operation is still the same:

CX600 on my system XP Pro SP3 all updates installed, Lync Phone Edition on CX600 4.0.7576.0, Lync Client & Lync Attendant Latest Relase:

1. I get offered the opportunity to enter user credentials with the Lync CLIENT, but not with the Lync ATTENDANT.

2. If I login to the phone with the Lync client, I can then shutdown the Lync Client and startup the Lync Attendant, and the CX600 will work together with the Lync Attendant.  I just can't login to the phone with the Lync Attendant.

3.  Even while I am waiting to be prompted for credentials the Lync Attendant acknowledges the CX600 and allows you to SELECT it and in fact defaults to it.  It just does not prompt me for credentials so I can login and cannot use it unless I am already logged into the phone as mentioned in #2 above.

-Barry
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:56 PM

All replies

• Does not seem to matter what workstation.  Same non-working behavior.  Still frustrated.
    -Barry
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:00 PM
  • I had a different case open with Microsoft on Lync.  I brought up this issue with the guy handling the case and he says he "thinks" that USB pairing is "NOT" supported with the Attendant!!!

What I find remarkable is the VERY skechy information Microsoft has out with respect to devices with the Attendant AND that only 1 person in a different thread and NO Microsoft person has anything to say about this nor anything about devices with ATtendant!!!

Maybe essentially "NOBODY" is using this Lync/OCS stuff??  At least "nobody" in the grand scheme of the telephony world... hmmmm.

Is Lync a "Stepchild" of sorts?

By the way... the Microsoft case worker DID confirm that with a Lync Phone and the Response Group agent that there will be a 3 to 4 second latency when answering a Response Group Call where you will actually hear the on hold music and a ringing tone.  You have to just wait a few seconds before saying "hello" or whatever.

2 very odd things to let out in the released version.  Not that you can't work around them, but weird quality issues.  Do you think a person buying a "phone system" is expecting this????

-Barry
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:20 AM
  • Barry,

Pairing of the device with the Lync Attendant is not supported, see the Telephony section here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572654(office.13).aspx.

Can you share more about the person using the Attendant client and the device to better understand the needs you have? I can share this back with the owners of the Attendant experience to consider as part of further development.

Tom Laciano Microsoft Program Manager UC Customer and Partner Deployment Readiness
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:00 PM
  • I just wanted to chime in and confirm that it's certain an issue with the USB paring connected, even if its not intentionally for use with the Attendant. I was trying to get this working for our receptionist staff and wondered why the heck it would never sign in. After spending a day beating my head against the wall I came across your post. Sure enough, when I unplugged the cable it signed in with no problems whatsoever.
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:57 AM
  • and this comes from the Lync documentation:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg399006.aspx

Telephony

Microphone and speakers, headset with microphone, or equivalent device

Recommended: Microsoft unified communications (UC) device or a phone running Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition

so this is quite confusing (even if "Microsoft Lync 2010 phone edition" means the old "Tanjay" instead of the new "Aries" class of devices)

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:35 AM
  • I see Microsoft has "fixed" this issue by removing "or a phone running Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition" from the Lync Documentation.

On a related note, Lync Attendant 2013 anyone?

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:15 AM