none
iexplore Windows Security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

We are getting this security pop-up on client machines.

There was a group to add "aadg.windows.net.nsatc.net" in trusted site (which is no longer required).

I have removed the policy but this pop-up is still coming up every time IE is launched.

How can I get rid of this pop-up.

Many Thanks

Friday, September 14, 2018 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

use the File>Properties menu in IE to display the website properties page... It will show you which IE security zone the host is mapped to....

I would guess that it is now mapped to the Intranet zone, and it requires you to use Windows Authentication to access the website. You should not change your Intranet zone security settings.

Users can check the "Remember my credentials" checkbox if they would like the credentials popup to appear less frequently.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, September 14, 2018 8:23 PM
  • Hi

Thank for the suggestion.

Website in not mapped to any zone (checked and came up with Mapped Zone-Unknown).

I need to completely remove this.

Thanks

Monday, September 17, 2018 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

Which other hosts do you map to the internet zone? do you have www.live.com or www.microsoft.com or microsoftonline.com there. They should be removed also. IE has a security zone setting "Prevent navigation into a zone of lower integrity"... all hosts in the validation chain must be in the same security zone.

There is an option on the credentials prompt to "Remember Me" which should give your credential validation persistence (persistent cookie crumb)….

You cannot access a crafted secure website without credential validation. Checking the "Remember me" option at login should reduce the number of times your users have to re-enter their credentials, but on random occasions the prompt will re-appear to re-confirm the users credentials.

IF you are trying to use automation to access the website, you are out of luck. It is designed to stop robots in their tracks. You need a human with a keyboard.

for questions about automation or scripting IE you should post to a developer forum like stackoverflow.com

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

Rob^_^

Monday, September 17, 2018 7:26 PM