none
Broken Link - Administrative Templates for Internet Explorer

Question

• I'm trying to download the Administrative Templates for Internet Explorer and I believe the link may be broken.

The page is

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40905

If you select the download button, the URL to the download is

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=40905

After selecting the download link I receive message the page cannot be found.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Based on my test, the download link works properly. Please see the screenshot below:

Please try to change a browser\network environment\computer or use download tools to have a test.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:49 AM

All replies

• I'm having the exact same issue with other ADMX templates.

Windows 10 and Windows 8.1/Server2012R2.

I'm either getting a time out, page can not be displayed, or "sorry we can not find the page you are looking for" after clicking the download button.

I'm trying from searching from the site, and from third party links and getting the same results.

Its like someone accidentally deleted all the ADMX files :-P

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 4:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Based on my test, the download link works properly. Please see the screenshot below:

Please try to change a browser\network environment\computer or use download tools to have a test.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:49 AM
  • Hi Alvin

The site was experiencing issues yesterday, however I can confirm that the download link is working today.

Thank you

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:28 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:42 AM