none
Tracking Protection Lists with a text editor! RRS feed

• General discussion

• How do you make these?

Well, I've been doing a lot of research into tracking protection lists, but I haven't yet found anything that tells you how to make them manually... I think this is how to do it, but I'm just inferring from this one.

Where %s.# is a string:

• +d %s.1                Allow all requests to domain %s.1
    • +d %s.1 %s.2       Allow requests to domain %s.1 where the rest of the url includes %s.2
    • + %s.1                  Allow requests where, other than the domain, the url includes %s.1
    • -d %s.1                 Block all requests to domain %s.1
    • -d %s.1 %s.2        Block requests to domain %s.1 for files where the url includes %s.2
    • - %s.1                   Block requests where, other than the domain, the url includes %s.1

I have no idea whether this is right, and if anybody corrects this list I will modify it. Please help!

Edit: I've finally found the answer. Please see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh273399(v=vs.85).aspx for the correct information. This also states the method of self-deployment. You could schedule a task to run a webpage that, upon load, ran the script to immediately prompt the user for the TPL upon first logon.

It is not my fault if your computer combusts. If this helped, press the /\ arrow over ↖there.

• Edited by wizzwizz4 Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:55 PM
    Saturday, April 25, 2015 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can use the built-in editor to manage your own personal lists IN THE REGISTRY.

you cannot use a text editor as the registry entries are binary.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/tracking-protection-list-internet-explorer

I cannont find any documentation about publishing your own lists on iegallery... I presume you need to submit them to iegallery. You could export them to a reg file from your registry to distribute them on your home network.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Monday, April 27, 2015 2:05 AM
  • you cannot use a text editor as the registry entries are binary.

I have discovered a way using JavaScript and hosting pages on localhost - using the same code as on iegallery - to add a list to client computers in the same way as iegallery; with a prompt. What I am asking here is for documentation, if anybody has any.

It is not my fault if your computer combusts. If this helped, press the /\ arrow over ↖there. If it answers the question, click Propose as Answer ↓there. If you asked the question in the first place, click Mark as answer ↓below.

Monday, April 27, 2015 6:22 AM