HP Pavillion RRS feed

• Question

• When I log on I get a blue box titled QP Service - Entry Point Not Found Underneath in the same box it reads: The procedure entry point PowerRead AC Value could not be located in the dynamic link library PowrProf.dll. What does this mean and how do I fix it. Thanks in advance Confused
    Monday, February 15, 2010 5:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    Your problem is caused by Quick Player of HP. It is a common problem in HP computer. Quick Player is a player produced by HP itself.

You can try to type msconfig to diselect the quick player. You can find the startup item whose manufacturer is HP company and whose location contain “quick player” folder. Then disable it and check whether the problem appear again.

If the problem disappear, you can try to run the quick player program manually to check whether there is a warning. If there is still a warning, you can consider uninstall the program. Since the program can be replaced by some other program, it occupies a lot of your hard disk and memory and you can get rid of the problem by uninstalling it. Or you can check your advapi32.dll. You can check its product version and overwrite it with a same file with the same version.

If there are still any problems, please post here.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, February 22, 2010 7:27 AM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:52 AM