none
Product Version Job access is denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have 4 server in my farm, when try to execute Product Version Job, only 2 of them were failed. Already try the clear the timer cache (change cache.ini to 1). restart the timer service, but the error still appear. Any idea ? If I add the timer service account in the local Administrators group, it run fine. But the other 2 server, the job run successfully with minimum privilege, I cannot find what are the permission different between those server :(

in the ULS log:

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPProductVersionJobDefinition (ID fe3290ba-3e79-42eb-a330-3cf2b522754b) threw an exception. More information is included below.  Access is denied.

Exception stack trace:   
     at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)    
     at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()    
     at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_IsContainer()    
     at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.ChildEnumerator..ctor(DirectoryEntry container)    
     at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntries.GetEnumerator()    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebSite.LookupByServerComment(String serverComment, Int32& instanceId)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPWebApplicationSequence.AddNextLevelObjects()    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPHierarchyManager.Grow(SPTree`1 root, Boolean bRecursing, SPDelegateManager delegateManager)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPHierarchyManager.Grow(SPTree`1 root, SPDelegateManager delegateManager)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeSession.NeedsUpgrade(Object o, Boolean bRecurse)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeSession.ReflexiveNeedsUpgrade(Object o, Boolean bRecurse)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeSession.NeedsUpgrade(Object o, Boolean bRecurse)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeSession.ReflexiveNeedsUpgrade(Object o, Boolean bRecurse)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPServerProductInfo.DetectLocalUpgradeStatus()    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPServerProductInfo.DetectLocalProductVersions(SPProductVersions prodVer)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPServerProductInfo.UpdateProductInfoInDatabase(Guid serverGuid)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPProductVersionJobDefinition.Execute(Guid targetInstanceId)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTimerJobInvokeInternal.Invoke(SPJobDefinition jd, Guid targetInstanceId, Boolean isTimerService, Int32& result)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Monday, December 15, 2014 3:47 AM

Answers