Can't connect to Web Application or Site unless I use the Server Farm Account RRS feed

• Question

• We are running Sharepoint foundation.   I created a domain user account for a new Application Pool for a new Web Application.  I used the account to create a new Web application and then created the site collection.   Received no errors.  However after creation I cannot access the newly created Web Application.  I recieve Service unavailable.  I checked that the Application Pool Domain Account to verify it had been given the appropriate permissions as follows:

It is a member of the WSS_WPG local group on the sharepoint web app server.

The account is assigned to the WSS_CONTENT_APPLICATION_POOLS role on the SQL server for the farm configuration database and  the Sharepoint_admin content database.

I discovered that the web application is accessable and everything works ok if I use the farm service account instead of the newly created Application Pool Account.   This happens for every new web application and Application pool account that I create.

The error I see on the Web App Server under System events:

The Windows Process Activation Service failed to create a worker process for the application pool 'xxxx - Port #'.  the data field contains the error number.  The Event Id is 5022 and the Binary data IN Words is 0000:80074005.  I downloaded the err.exe and it decifers to DMLERR_EXECACKTIMEOUT. 

I noticed after several failed attempts to access the web site the Application pool for that site shut down in IIS.

• Edited by vll123 Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:51 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:46 PM

Answers

• Have since contacted Microsoft Support.  The problem was as follows.  Even though Sharepoint will create the necessary permissions in SQL it left out a few.  I had to add dbcreator, security admin, and sysadmin to the application pool account on the SQL server.  The account also must be in the local administrator group on the Web App Server.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:35 PM