none
Installing software after using pause task sequence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it ok installing software using after pause task sequence .If yes where should we add the pause task sequence 

Thanks

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:04 PM

All replies

• As a rule of thumb I prefer to automate everything. In some cases (especially with legacy software) this may be a daunting and challenging task. Your options may be very limited (unless you go down the repackaging route). Starting with MDT 2010 there is a feature which allows to suspend a TS and resume it once you performed manual customizations. I would add the step near the end of your TS. Details here: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mniehaus/2009/06/26/mdt-2010-new-feature-3-suspend-and-resume-a-lite-touch-task-sequence/

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:50 PM
  • Hi,

My MSproject 2016 TS always failing , below is the command .So i though to install after a pause task sequence . 

setup.exe /config proplus.ww\config.xml

I want to include visual studio  Professional ,sql in my reference image .But this consumes a lot of space

Any solution 

Thanks 

• Edited by supportsib Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:39 PM edit
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 6:30 PM
  • When you add an Office product to MDT you can use the built-in tool that launches OCT and configure the installation settings using that tool. Just save your .msp file to the updates folder of that office product. Use a file name like 1_MyConfig.msp

Back to your original question, it's good to have the pause shortly or right before sysprep runs (at the end of State Restore). This gives you a chance to shut the virtual machine down and create a checkpoint. Once a checkpoint is made, you can reload it in the future, run Windows update and then shutdown to create a new checkpoint. Once you resume the task sequence an updated image will be created with the latest patches included.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:08 PM