SCE remote site not shown in ROM Customer Views RRS feed

• Question

• After we implemented 4 SCE remote sites successfully, we have a really strange problem with the 5th:

although we done all the same way (Approved SCE site in ROM successfully, configured remote SCE server in Service Provider mode successfully, discoverd and added successfully the SCE clients, created the Customer Site in ROM successfully) the state of this SCE site is not shown / appearing in the ROM Customer View!

We see the SCE machine with its state under "System Center Essentials Server", we see the SCE clients under Monitoring - Computers and Administration - Agent Managed, we get the alerts, etc. of this SCE site, but no Customer site object in the Customer View.

Had someone seen such a behaviour?

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

It was good to work with you today!  I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue.  To summarize for all, after investigating the Remote Operations Manager deployment, we deleted the Service Provider MP and re-imported the MP, causing the Customer Site Discovery to be run again by all sites.  Very shortly afterwards, all of the customer sites we're displayed in the Operations Manager console.

Dustin

Friday, December 7, 2007 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Peter -

I saw this happen once when I created a customer site without a site name. Are you sure you used the /SiteName="Customer Name" switch?

Another thing to check -

In the Remote OpsMgr console, navigate to Authoring -> Groups. Locate the All Customers group. Can you see the "5th" customer as a subgroup in that group?

/ John

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 8:45 PM
  • Hi John

thanks for the hints.

In fact the "missed" customer isn't shown in den "All customers" group.

Because I documented all steps, I now realized that I had a typo in the Sitename switch (typed "Site Name" instead of SiteName).
    So I removed customers agents from ROM, disabled Service Provider mode on customers SCE, deleted the Site approval on ROM and started the SCE site approval for this customer again from the beginning:
    all with success, but the customer site is still not appearing in Customers view several hours after doing this.

I realized the following warning in the ROM Console coming from SCE machine of the affected customer:

"Event type: Warning
    Event source: Health Service Modules
    Event ID: 21406
    Description:
    The process startet at ... was not able to create System.Discovery.Data.
    Error in output: D:\Programme\SystemCenter Essentials\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 31\2217\CustomerSiteDiscovery.vbs(82,1)
    Runtime error in Microsoft VBScript: incompatible types: 'Add Property'
    Executed Command: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "CustomerSiteDiscovery.vbs" {71F2FD32-D5C0-CC1C-DFC3-C4A8E3B8DA8A} {2ACEE39C-B454-886F-048B-2AD49D43FC12}
    Working Directory: D:\Programme\SystemCenter Essentials 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 31\2217\

At least one Workflow is affected. 

Workflowname: Microsoft.SystemCenter.ServiceProvider.CustomerSiteDiscovery
    Instancename: i1imgs013.u1img001.de
    Instance-ID: {2ACEE39C-B454-886F-048B-2AD49D43FC12}
    Managementgroup: Support"

So I wonder why this script has this "incompatible types" problem?

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:30 AM
  • Hello again,

after implementing our 6th SCE customer I see a possible pattern in this problem:

the last both SCE customers - both not shown in the Customer view of ROM - have german SCE version.

Our ROM and all working SCE customers have the english version.

Is there something known about incompatibilities of english ROM/SCE with non-english SCE?

Is there a easy way to turn a non-english SCE version in an english one?

Monday, October 15, 2007 1:58 PM
  • In meantime our 7th SCE customer is connected: english SCE, but not shown in the Customer View!

Instead the same script error we got at the last SCE sites too.

So the reason must be something other then incompatibilities between english ROM and non-english SCE...

Monday, October 22, 2007 6:49 PM
  • Are you using the Create Customer Site task in the System Center Essentials Server view to create the customer site?

Monday, October 22, 2007 6:53 PM
  • Yes, I created all customer sites on the same way with the "Create Customer Site" task: all times with a "successf" as result.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:31 PM
  • Hi Peter,

What is the SiteName of the site that you're experiencing this issue on?  We'd like to attempt to repro in house.

Dustin

Monday, October 29, 2007 7:44 PM
  •  

Hi Dustin,

here the SiteNames of the last 3 sites we added to ROM and where we are experiencing this issue:

1. Norgren

2. Dienste für Menschen

3. GV Immenstaad

Hope this helps to find the cause of the problem... it's difficult to proceed in ROM/SCE deployment as long this issue is existing.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 8:15 AM
  • In meantime I applied the SCOM SP1 to our RMS of the ROM implementation, but neither a new added customer site appeared in the Customer View nor the earlier added and not shown ones.

I realized that in the MT_CustomerSite table of the SCOM database only the first 4 and visible customer site exist and that some overrides I set with the 'Create/Edit Customer Site' task are not writen to this table.

Seems that  'Create/Edit Customer Site' task is not working proper ....

Friday, November 30, 2007 9:19 PM
  • Hi Peter,

Could you please contact me at dustinj @ microsoft.com?

I'd like to work with you offline to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Dustinh

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 6:51 PM
  • Hi Peter,

It was good to work with you today!  I'm glad we were able to resolve the issue.  To summarize for all, after investigating the Remote Operations Manager deployment, we deleted the Service Provider MP and re-imported the MP, causing the Customer Site Discovery to be run again by all sites.  Very shortly afterwards, all of the customer sites we're displayed in the Operations Manager console.

Dustin

Friday, December 7, 2007 3:35 PM