none
Task sequence ID folder missing from F:\Deploy\control folder during Server 2019 capture RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I'm having an issue capturing a patched Server 2019 OS in MDT, I'm on Version 8456 and all is up to date. This is all running in VSphere and I’ve managed to get it working fine for capturing Server 2016, MDT Server is running on Server 2012R2 OS

• I've created a new "Sysprep and Capture" Task Sequence without any customisation, and fully updated the Deployment Share (regenerate boot images etc.)
    • On my fully patched 2019 server (not domain joined), logged in as administrator, I do Start>Run and enter \\mdtserver\deployment$ and authenticate with service account that has full permissions
    • I run Scripts>Litetouch.vbs
    • Choose the task sequence created above
    • Select “Capture an image of this reference computer….”
    • The system then goes through as expected and reboots after the Sysprep phase
    • After reboot, the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit splash screen appears and then I’m dropped out to a Command Prompt
    • This is the error from the BDD.log
    • When I check the folders mapped in F:\Deploy\Control I can see that a corresponding folder for my TaskID is missing (CAP2019) the other task sequence folders in MDT are present though.

•  I’m stuck now as the capture can’t complete if the file its trying to access is missing. Where is the F: drive built from? It can’t be mapped directly to the MDT server under deployment\control as the CAP2019 folder is present there.

Thanks in advance for any help

Task sequence I'm targeting

Other Task Sequences

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:25 PM

Answers

• I managed to solve this by recreating the initial install iso and connecting it to the VM.

• Marked as answer by Andy_Harvey Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:35 PM