Performance Point Monitoring and Analytics Architecture design RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have to decide on the best architecture for performance point server with MOSS,SSRS & SQL 2008. I want to install Proclarity Analytics but there are many known issues with this wrt version conflict i.e., we cannot install monitoring 64 bit and proclarity 32 bit on same environment and proclarity can not be installed on moss server, so need suggession in reviewing the current architecture.  My current environment runs on Windows 2008, 64 bit and is as below. Can I install Proclarity analytics 6.3 on WebServer or DB Server?

Web Server:
    MOSS WFE

DB Server:
    SQL 2008
    SSRS 2008
    Monitoring Server 2007

Thanks,
    Kavi
    • Edited by Kavi A Friday, May 29, 2009 5:13 PM
    Friday, May 29, 2009 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Kavi,

Please correct me if i am wrong.You have 2 servers the DB server and WFE server. Both are 64-bit servers. ProClarity can be installed on a 64-bit machine but the IIS should be running in 32-bit mode.So i would go for the below server architecture

DB Server
    SQL Server DB engine
    SQL server Analysis Services
    ProClarity 6.3 with IIS running on 32-bit mode

WFE server
    SQL server DB engine
    MOSS
    PPS and SSRS.

You have to enable kerberos for the above architecture or you could enable basic authentication.

Pklease let me know if there are any issues.

Regards,
    Ram
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Hi Ram,
    Thanks for your reply. The environment is on Windows 2008 and IIS 7.0, guess IIS will switch from 64 to 32 for 32 bit appln and runs on 64 bit for 64 bit appln. So if I have to install proclarity with the current architecture should I install on Web or DB server? Should I install this on a different server if this cannot be installed with MOSS and Monitoring 64 bit.

Regards,
    Kavi
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 12:56 AM
  • Hi Kavi,

If its IIS 7 then you could install proclarity on the web server only keeping in mind the MOSS is not running under the default port i.e.80. No issues. But i would rather suggest proclarity to be installed on the server where the data source is present as you can debug the issues related to proclarity easily. Also it is recommended that PPS to be installed where the MOSS is present.So i would go for the above suggested architecture.Follow the below link w.r.t. ProClarity installation on windows 2008.
    http://office.microsoft.com/download/afile.aspx?AssetID=AM103380111033

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Regards,
    Ram
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:17 AM