none
How to disable Windows 10 Upgrade Option via Windows Update

Question

• Hi Support,

I have getting this notification and i don't want to upgrade window 7 to window 10. How to disable from registry or any other alternate option .

I have follow below article but it is not application on my seniors . theses folder or registry key is not available.   

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/remove-windows-10-upgrade-option-via-windows/61b4b3c0-0918-4201-83e5-ea1506ac24a6

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:47 PM

All replies

• Open up your registry editor using the Start Menu search or by pressing WIN + R and typing regedit and hitting enter, and then navigate down to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\
    Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

You’ll probably have to create the WindowsUpdate key on the left-hand side, which you can do by right-clicking the Windows node. Click on that new key, and then create a new 32-bit DWORD called DisableOSUpgrade on the right-hand side, and give it a value of 1.

Screenshot_9_10_15__10_19_PM

Don’t want to bother with all that? You can simply download our registry hack file, unzip, and double-click on the file to install it.

Alternative Option: Set Windows Update to Not Download Things

If you set Windows Update to notify you but don’t download anything, Microsoft won’t automatically send the updates down.

Please note that this is a bad idea for security reasons, so unless you have a metered connection and don’t have the bandwidth to download updates, you probably shouldn’t do this.

You can simply go into Windows Update and click on Change settings, and then change the drop-down to “Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them”.

Screenshot_9_11_15__8_23_AM

If you do this, please make sure that you keep up with installing updates.

Best Regards,

Rafiul

Mark if this post is helpful

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:31 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, Microsoft office lists many methods. It is recommended that you refer to the following  link to disable:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3080351/how-to-manage-windows-10-notification-and-upgrade-options

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 4:56 PM
  • Hi,

Is there anything else I can do to help you on this issue?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hurry

Monday, November 5, 2018 7:42 AM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:47 PM