Ultimate Extras , Dreamscenes RRS feed

• Question

• Ok up and running  on spare machine clean install ,2 partitions dual booting win7 32 and win7 64.
    Registered - Updated windows 7 fixes and optional OK.
    First Impression much better than early Vistas
    like the traditional file search *.mpg etc.
    About to put extra cards in digital tv etc

Question

How do I get to the Ultimate extras site? In Vista it was offered in Windows update.
    I want to try Dreamscenes  or is it not supported in Win7  Beta Ultimate

Besb
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:04 AM

Answers

• This is a beta. Hence you won't find ultimate extras as of now.

However, DreamScene has been discontinued. It will not be appearing in win7.
    • Proposed as answer by Oleg Krogius Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mark L. Ferguson Friday, February 13, 2009 11:44 PM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:17 AM

All replies

• Even though the Beta is labeled Ultimate, it may not be actually equalavent to Vista's counterpart because it's not a completed product and may have unnecessary softwares removed. 
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:16 AM
  • This is a beta. Hence you won't find ultimate extras as of now.

However, DreamScene has been discontinued. It will not be appearing in win7.
    • Proposed as answer by Oleg Krogius Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mark L. Ferguson Friday, February 13, 2009 11:44 PM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:17 AM
  •  That's a real shame that the DreamScene has been discontinued. That was one feature that I really liked about Vista Ultimate.

Monday, January 12, 2009 3:02 AM
  • Dont be too sad though, Windows 7 now has the function to have "semi-active" wallpaper where u can set the wallpaper to change after a set period of time.

I guess if Dreamscape not gonna get a successor, this is the closest u can get in Win7 RTM.

cheers
    Monday, January 12, 2009 3:04 AM
  • I saw that I could have my backgrounds change after a set time period, this to me is no better than having a slide show running in the background.. I have some really nice Dreamscape scenes under Vista.
    I know that some people have complained that the Dreamscapes are mem / resource hogs, but I have never had that much problem with it as I had with the Sidebar, which I glad are not a part of Win7.
    Monday, January 12, 2009 3:19 AM
  • Thanks for the replies.
    Dreamscenes "Been discontinued"!!
     " "semi-active" wallpaper where u can set the wallpaper to change after a set period of time"
    Jeez totally underwhelmed!!!  -I had that on win98 active wallpaper ; and movies aka dreams on XP running as the background wallpaper - courtesy of windvd.
    Oh well I suppose we must wait for Stardock to put out a Win7 product and charge us a few dollars.
    Besb
    Monday, January 12, 2009 10:37 PM
  • besb,
    You hit the nail on the head... This would appear to be a step in the opposite direction..  
    Can't wait to see what Stardock brings to the plate, although I have not seen anything active on thier site on the lines of supporting Win7 - yet

• Proposed as answer by Tomwhitfield Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:49 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 11:30 PM
  • If you like to change the wall paper this works extremely well I have over 300 very good quality pictures that I have downloaded over time from the internet the are plenty out there for free if you look my monitor resolution 1280x1024
    I just resized them with irfan view
    this program will change them every second if you so wished

http://www.bionixwallpaper.com/downloads/download.html
    Tom
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:57 AM
  • I agree That's a real shame that the DreamScene has been discontinued. That was one feature that I really liked about Vista Ultimate.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:14 PM
  • hi i have found that dreamscenes still can be enabled in 7 rc . i have had mine running for awhile now with out errors.just google enabling dreamscene windows 7 .
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 5:34 PM