none
Unable to connect to Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I have been converted to Outlook from Hotmail.  I am getting very frustrated by constantly getting the message 'Unable to connect to Outlook right now.  Please try again later'.  Never had this with Hotmail.  At the same time my partner is on her laptop on Gmail without any problems and I can connect to any other sites without problem so I do not believe it is my broadband/service provider causing this problem.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:25 AM

Answers

• I think all hotmail users have been moved to outlook.com by now. I'm using outlook.com as well, always checking things via web page, so not met too much issues yet.
    • Marked as answer by Bob Cassidy Monday, May 20, 2013 6:55 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

So you are using Hotmail service, right?
    This forum is for the Exchange-related problems. There can be more useful advice when asking this question in Hotmail community.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail

By the way, I saw the announcement on the Hotmail community forum. They must have working on it now.
    ====================
    May 18, 2013 Outlook.com: Access Issue.
    We are aware that Outlook.com customers are experiencing issues while accessing their mailboxes. They may receive an error message "We can't connect to Outlook right now. Please try again later"
    ====================

Thanks.

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:59 AM
  • Hi James,

I was using Hotmail and I have now been converted to Outlook.com.  I have retained my Hotmail email address.  So, as a user I do not know if I am using the Hotmail service or the Outlook service.  Perhaps someone can tell me.  Anyway I am definitely getting the error message above.  I have been getting this error message for weeks now and if it goes on much longer I will have to switch to another email service.

Thanks for your reply.

Monday, May 20, 2013 1:41 PM
  • I think all hotmail users have been moved to outlook.com by now. I'm using outlook.com as well, always checking things via web page, so not met too much issues yet.
    • Marked as answer by Bob Cassidy Monday, May 20, 2013 6:55 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Do you happen to know if they will inform users when the problem has been fixed?
    Monday, May 20, 2013 6:56 PM
  • "Today, we're excited to announce that we've completed upgrading all Hotmail customers to Outlook.com"
    http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-outlook/archive/2013/05/02/outlook-com-400-million-active-accounts-hotmail-upgrade-complete-and-more-features-on-the-way.aspx

I've found the article before. MS has completed the migration on May.2.

Not sure if they will inform users though.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:33 AM