Does anyone else have a problem with Windows 7 Start Menu "sinking" half way below the task bar? RRS feed

• Question

• Really weird bug?  Is there a place I can report this bug?
    Monday, August 10, 2009 5:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Kimble,

This is a known bug in our bug database. I think it should be fixed in future.

Thank you for your report it. :)

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi, do you have any screenshot of the bug? Is there any way to reproduce the bug? Since Windows 7 has already RTM and is on its way to GA, I believe the only option is to post it here with reproducable steps and have Windows 7 product team have a look at it.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:06 AM
  • Really weird bug?  Is there a place I can report this bug?
    Hi

Are you using the RC build or the RTM build?

If this is the RC build, reporting bugs is redundant in that build since it has been superceded by the newer RTM build.

If this is happening in the RTM build, then simply describe the problem in detail here and if it cannot be fixed, we will make sure that it gets escalated to the proper people.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:23 AM
  • Hi Kimble,

This is a known bug in our bug database. I think it should be fixed in future.

Thank you for your report it. :)

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:23 AM
  • I don't know if this is the same.. My setup is taskbar at the first position after the start button and the win7 bar near the clock. I have the startbar open to 3 shortcuts wide. The hide startbar is enabled. When I open a program and usually have it open a while the startbar "shrinks" to 1 shortcut wide? I have to drag it open to 3 wide every time. Before you ask this is a brand new pc with a new install of Win 7 Ultima 64. I don't know if anybody else is experiencing this. It seems Win 7 Ultima wants to keep the startbar like it started with 1 shortcut wide? I also noticed that you can't pull up the properties using the default win 7 startbar?
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 12:10 AM