Re: Windows Vista RC1 - Is Windows Mail the death blow to Hotmail? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to setup my Hotmail Plus subscription account using Windows Mail (Vista RC1).

It's been a week now without resolution and I have gotten two new responses this week-end from Windows Mail technical support staff asking me to raise the queation with the Hotmail Support team and the other response being the Hotmail support team pointing to the Windows Mail Technical team.

Is this a serious flaw in Windows Mail?!? Or by eliminating access to http mail, has Microsoft not understood the implication to Hotmail subscribers?

When Windows Vista is distributed to the world, will this be the death blow to Hotmail?

I am reading other forums, i.e. IE7, where there are others saying that they cannot hookup to Hotmail Plus or Premium. 

Are there anyone else out there that cannot access their hotmail account using IE7 or Windows Mail?

Better question: Is there anyone able to access their Hotmail subscription account using Windows Mail?

Monday, October 16, 2006 4:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Prof

From what I have seen Windows Mail is the replacement for Outlook Express. As for the concerns with Hotmail, I don't have a clue as I have always used Outlook (the full blown version), and Outlook Express and Outlook aren't even "cousins" much less brothers. Hope you can find the answer to what you are seeking. Have a great week.

Tom

Thursday, October 26, 2006 3:40 PM
  • Yes im running vista also, i must say im most confused and im almost forced to go back to XP because of this.  I am having to run 2 mail clients, Windows mail for my POP3 accounts and had to download Windows Live mail for hotmail as Windows mail does not support hotmail.  However this is worsended by the fact Windows Live Mail Beta constantly crashes on Vista!

Please advise!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 6:18 PM