none
Defining Fiscal Months RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

Has Microsoft created a way to define fiscal accounting months in Project 2010 Pro or 2013 Standard yet?  My company is on a 4-4-5 fiscal accounting month and need reports to pull data by accounting months.  I've been pulling the data to Excel and working it there but I'd surely like to use MSProject. 

I have the option of using MSProject 2010 Professional or Project 2013 Standard. 

I realize that Server/Online does have that feature but unfortunately I don't have access to those.

Thank you so much!!!!

Sandy

Saturday, July 23, 2016 3:27 PM

All replies

• Sandy,

Sorry no. We had the same issue when I first starting using Project years ago so I developed a macro that took Project data and exported it to Excel in 4-4-5 format, or a modified version thereof. Sadly, Microsoft never saw the need to add an accounting month capability to the base product (Project).

Hope this helps.

John

Saturday, July 23, 2016 5:58 PM
  • Same as John, but I often prefer to save data to SQL Server for reporting purposes using VBA. SQL Server can then report on any period you like, including 4-4-5 (using a Dates table to define which day belongs to which week/period).

I then often use Excel to report on data from SQL Server. Its a great combination.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Saturday, July 23, 2016 11:09 PM