Opsmgr Shell not installed RRS feed

• Question

• I recently inherited a SCOM infrastructure. 

I'm trying to troubleshoot some management pack powershell scripts and I see that while Powershell 1.0 is installed, I don't see any of the shell components, e.g. Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.ClientShell.Startup.ps1.  Everything seems to be available on the management servers.  I can't answer as to why this is so, but I did notice that in the RMS build doc it says don't install Powershell.

Am I right in believing that would keep the management pack PWS scripts from running correctly on the RMS?  If so, what is the easiest way to enable or configure the OpsMgr shell on our RMS?

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:20 PM

Answers

• You could run through the SCOM installer and install the Command Shell.  If it's already there, no harm done.  If not, you'll finally have it.
    Layne, 2011 Microsoft Community Contributor Recipient
    • Marked as answer by Marco Shaw Saturday, March 5, 2011 12:51 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:04 PM

All replies

• In addition to Powershell, can you verify that the SCOM Command Shell is installed?
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:33 PM
  • In addition to Powershell, can you verify that the SCOM Command Shell is installed?
    I dont' see any SCOM Command Shell components installed, but I'm not sure how to really verify that.  Like I said, there is no Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.ClientShell.Startup.ps1 in the SCOM application directory, and I see no shortcuts for the command shell anywhere.
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 8:27 PM
  • You could run through the SCOM installer and install the Command Shell.  If it's already there, no harm done.  If not, you'll finally have it.
    • Marked as answer by Marco Shaw Saturday, March 5, 2011 12:51 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:04 PM
  • I went ahead and did that.  Worked fine and everything's good now.
    Friday, March 18, 2011 3:05 PM