Windows Server Client Access Licenses RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Client Access License process and would like some direction if anyone can provide some help. I don't think our Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition (Service Pack 2) has the CAL's setup correctly. Our company purchased CAL's from Dell in 2005 (of which I am in the process of contacting them to get the product keys as I understand I would need that to install the CAL's?) and the Licensing application in the Administrative tools directory is not showing any "Purchase History". Can someone give me some guidance as to how to install the CAL's we purchased to the server so that it shows us as being licensed?
    I've read the directions here but I'm still unclear as to exactly how to go about it:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc540509(WS.10).aspx
    Thank you!

Max
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Client Access License process and would like some direction if anyone can provide some help. I don't think our Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition (Service Pack 2) has the CAL's setup correctly. Our company purchased CAL's from Dell in 2005 (of which I am in the process of contacting them to get the product keys as I understand I would need that to install the CAL's?) and the Licensing application in the Administrative tools directory is not showing any "Purchase History". Can someone give me some guidance as to how to install the CAL's we purchased to the server so that it shows us as being licensed?
    I've read the directions here but I'm still unclear as to exactly how to go about it:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc540509(WS.10).aspx
    Thank you!

Max

please open help and support center in your start menu...type license server and check carefully items.
    check them and i am sure you will find some information about installing CAL.
    persia gulf for ever! hey google! change your behavior! google is inventor!
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:29 AM