Microsoft message keeps popping up! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Everytime I turn my computer on, I am getting a "message" that "A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer".......CSC.exe by Microsoft Corporation is where it is coming from.  It pops up the whole time I am on my computer!!!!!!  My system crashed this week due to a Windows software problem!  This is what my Dell manufacturer informed me.  Now I cannot even tell Microsoft about THEIR PROBLEM without paying a $49 or $59 fee!!!!!  Outrageous!  I lost a lot of pictures, etc. even though I was backing up but "restore" won't work correctly due to MICROSOFT'S software problem.  BUT NOW, HOW DO I GET THE MESSAGE TO STOP POPPING UP CONSTANTLY?????????

Saturday, May 5, 2012 2:44 PM

All replies

• Run MSConfig and click on the startup tab. Click on the disable all button and reboot.  If the message no longer appears, run MSConfig again and look for an entry similar to ....CSC.exe and enable all other items.  If you don't see a similar entry, use a process of elimination to find the entry causing the problem. (Re enable half the items and see if the problem occurs etc.)

Jerry

Saturday, May 5, 2012 7:25 PM
  • Hi,

Since CSC.exe is related to the Windows Framework, please reinstall the Windows Framework component.  Meanwhile, you’d better scan your system and remove the malware in time.

If this issue persists, you may have a try with the following methods and let us know the results.

Here are two articles can be referred to.

csc.exe

http://www.dllsuite.com/Windows/Windows_7_Professional_Edition__64-bit/list_c/csc.exe.html

Csc.exe error message

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100129140229AAyDsxi

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope that helps.

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 7, 2012 7:49 AM