help please a problem in copying RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i have a problem i need help !!

i need to copy a 4 GB file to a USB flash memory and it didn't  work this message comes every time 

"the file is too large for the destination file system"

what should i do ? 

Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:58 PM

Answers

• Backup any existing data on your Flash Drive and then format it for NTFS.  The drives typically come as FAT32 and thus can only support file sizes up to 4gb and yours might be just a hair above it.

Since your on Windows 7 just open up Computer and then right click on your USB drive and select Format.  From that menu ensure the "File System" drop down reads NTFS and the check box "Quick Format" is selected.  Now click Start.  Once its completed try to copy that file over again.

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

• Edited by Chris DeCarlo Friday, March 22, 2013 1:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Friday, March 22, 2013 2:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, March 25, 2013 2:44 AM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 1:01 AM

All replies

• Backup any existing data on your Flash Drive and then format it for NTFS.  The drives typically come as FAT32 and thus can only support file sizes up to 4gb and yours might be just a hair above it.

Since your on Windows 7 just open up Computer and then right click on your USB drive and select Format.  From that menu ensure the "File System" drop down reads NTFS and the check box "Quick Format" is selected.  Now click Start.  Once its completed try to copy that file over again.

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

• Edited by Chris DeCarlo Friday, March 22, 2013 1:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Friday, March 22, 2013 2:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, March 25, 2013 2:44 AM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 1:01 AM
  • it worked <3

thank you very much 

Friday, March 22, 2013 6:53 PM