none
Unable to Change Zone Replication Scope RRS feed

• Question

• I was called in to fix a domain where the PDC emulator crashed. This domain only had two domain controllers.

I first seized the FSMO roles to the existing domain controller (AD2) and then promoted a new domain controller (AD3). Replication between these two domain controllers seems to be working correctly.

The problem is that DNS is only partially replicating to the new AD3. In the forward lookup zone on the new AD3, the _msdcs zone is only has the two NS records and an SOA. No folders for dc, domains, gc, or pdc.   Also the domain zone x.com only has the two NS records, the SOA, and about half the host records.

I noticed both the _msdcs and x.com zones are set differently for replication but I am unable to change to a common Zone Replication.

AD2 set to 'To all domain controllers in the scope of this directory partition' and AD3 set to 'To all DNS servers running on domain controllers in this forest: x.com'.  When I try to set AD2 to the default 'To all DNS servers running on domain controllers in this forest: x.com', I get this error:

"The no refresh interval was not set. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

Any advice?

Thanks

Monday, March 28, 2016 6:02 PM

Answers

All replies