none
MDT 2013 USB and PXE - Windows 10 deployment hangs at "We'll be Ready Soon" for ~20min RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen this behavior over PXE boot as well as via USB. Deployment moves along smoothly before and after this section, and there aren't any errors in the logs. It hangs for the same percentage of time (around 35-50% of the total deployment time) regardless of the hardware (SSD/HDD, 2/4GB of ram, etc).

Does anyone know exactly what is happening (as far as MDT/Windows goes) at this spot in particular? I've tried several basic task sequences (no customizations) and saw the same behavior each time, so I don't think it's an issue with my TS. If I power off at this spot, there doesn't seem to be any issues after starting the computer back up - deployment continues and finishes without any obvious issues.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:31 PM

All replies

• I just found this link, which I will try out and see if it resolves my issue - MDT hangs at "Getting Ready"

EDIT - I removed the Join Domain section of the TS, but I didn't see any improvement on the amount of time spent on the "We'll be ready soon" section.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:35 PM