Errors when closing ProClarity Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that is getting the following errors when he tries to close ProClarity Desktop Professional. 

* An error occurred in the application: Catastrophic Failure

* An error occurred in the application: Access violation at address 004061FA in module 'ProClarity.exe'.  Read of address 00000490

Any ideas?

Friday, September 19, 2008 2:37 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Ryan,

Without have a diagnostic log file to look at I'd suggest a quick re-install to see if that fixes it. If not there could be an issue with the user's 'my views' but the 'catastrophic failure' messages usually show up when opening a book and not when closing the app.  You could test that quickly by going to File > Options > and change "Read My Views from" to whatever the other option is and then see if the error persists.  If it does persist try re-installing.

hth,

Sean

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:09 PM
  • Do you have any custom ProClarity Add-ins installed?  I have seen this error if an add-in had an issue and did not shut down gracefully.

-Jason

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:06 PM
  • I'm am seeing this issue now, when closing ProClarity 6.3 sp3, all latest hotfixes installed. Started two weeks ago.  I have to go through task manager and kill Proclarity.exe to get the application to completely close.

Running the client software on Windows 7 sp1, 64bit.  Only software installed in the last few weeks is sp 1 (was happening before install of win sp 1), and updates through Windows Update.  

Error messages:

• An error occurred in the application: Catastrophic Failure
    • An error occurred in the application: Access violation at address 004061FA in module 'ProClarity.exe'.  Read of address 00000490

Monday, July 4, 2011 3:39 PM