Delay when answering Response Group calls with Lync client RRS feed

• Question

• First, I have seen the thread here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsvoice/thread/196375a5-3ae9-4452-acbe-2679a8deef80

That seems to be dealing mostly with Lync Phone Edition.  However I'm getting a 4 second delay when answering with the windows Lync client.  I've deployed Response Groups in my lab environment and did not have this problem. 

This is with an internal call on the same LAN (different vlan) from a Lync client to my only group memeber answering from a Lync client.  I did a wireshark capture during the delay.  The only thing of interest are some packets from the answering client to my edge server.  But perhaps that is normal? 

The internal certificate on the edge server is not a SAN cert, I've heard that mentioned as a possible problem.  
    Has anyone ran into this issue?  What else can I check?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:02 PM

Answers

• Disregard.  I figured it out after thinking about the wireshark capture showing packets sent to the edge server but non were were being sent back from the edge.  My client couldn't even ping the edge.  Turns out the edge didn't know about my lync client subnet and was trying to find it through the external interface default gateway.  I added a static route on the edge server and now there is only a half second delay when answering calls.  Good enough for me.

Wouldn't have even thought for a minute the edge server would cause a problem for an internal only call.

• Marked as answer by tpullins Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:36 AM
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:36 AM