GAL MA errors "The LDAP Server is unavailable" and "It appears this forest is not Exchange enabled" RRS feed

• General discussion

• I recently tried to set up the GAL management agent in a Windows 2008 / Exchange 2010 environment and got some strange errors while configuring the GAL MA.

Though I fulfilled all prerequisites to support Exchange 2010 GAL syncs

• PowerShell 2.0 installed on the ILM server
    • ILM 2007 SP1 FP1 built 3.3.1139.2

I got LDAP server connectivity errors which results that the GAL MA could not detect the Exchange version of the Active Directory forest.

#   #

#

This was strange the more, because i could successfully connect to the forest in the “Connect to Active Directory Forest” section of the GAL MA configuration.

It turned out that the MA has a problem with the format of the credentials I submitted. I could overstep the errors, when providing account credentials in the UPN format.

#

I found some threats in the FIM2010 forum, which resolved the issue with Update1 for FIM2010. Due to the fact that I couldn’t find any update for ILM 2007 available I found it valuable to share my experiences

/Matthias
    Friday, November 5, 2010 11:59 AM

All replies

• I had the exact same problem. When I installed ILM of the ISO the build was 3.3.118.0. This did not experiance this issue. Build 3.3.118.0 does not support Exchange 2010, only 2007!

When I upgraded the build to 3.3.1139.2 by installing KB977791 the issue occured.

Unfortuantly this did not resolve my problem.

Clint Boessen MVP - Exchange Server, MCSE, MCITPx4, Dip Network Engineering
    Perth, Western Australia

Blog: http://clintboessen.blogspot.com/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, February 25, 2011 5:08 AM