I want to delete windows vista because it is not a genuien windows and go back to my windows xp how? RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded a windows vista. It is not a genuien windows. My validation code is invalid. I cannot run microsoft essentials, I want to delete vista and go back to my window XP.  How do I do this
    Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:48 AM

Answers

• Windows is an Operating System, this is not a file. So you can not Delete it. Deleting and OS is called Formatting PC in simple language. 

For Upgrading windows, you can Install OS from Visual Interface and some of Settings and Files can be saved. But in case of Downgrading Windows, you need to perform Clean Format. Means to Format Hard Disk Partition and Install another Windows.

For How To Install Windows XP in your machine:

Go through below Tutorial which will guide you step by step with Screenshot.

http://www.johnbhatt.com/library/InstallingWindowsXP.htm

Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:26 AM

All replies

• Saturday, June 30, 2012 5:31 AM
  • Windows is an Operating System, this is not a file. So you can not Delete it. Deleting and OS is called Formatting PC in simple language. 

For Upgrading windows, you can Install OS from Visual Interface and some of Settings and Files can be saved. But in case of Downgrading Windows, you need to perform Clean Format. Means to Format Hard Disk Partition and Install another Windows.

For How To Install Windows XP in your machine:

Go through below Tutorial which will guide you step by step with Screenshot.

http://www.johnbhatt.com/library/InstallingWindowsXP.htm

Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:26 AM
  • Since an operating system is not a program that can be uninstalled or deleted, you have to revert back your system to the original state or perform a clean installation of Windows.

Read the computer's documentation to see if the manufacturer provided a hidden restore partition that can revert back your system to the software configuration that was present when you bought the PC. Alternatively, you can use the restore discs provided by the computer's manufacturer (if you have those discs).

If you cannot revert back your system, you have to perform a full backup of your data, insert the Windows XP installation CD, reboot the system and start the Windows installation process: delete any existing partition, create a new one (and format it using the NTFS file system) and install Windows XP there.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:35 PM
  • It is often the case that the computer does not come with a OS Backup CD (or does not have a hidden partition to function similarly).  In that case some manufactures can supply the CD for the cost of shipping it.  Though I have not done so recently, Dell for one, I hear can do this for their computers installed with a Windows OS.
    Monday, July 2, 2012 12:24 PM