Laptop screen severely dim when not plugged in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When plugged in to charge my laptop screen is just fine, works like normal. But when it is not plugged in it is very dark.

It used to be that the screen would flicker and then be dimmer, even though the brightness setting had not changed. I used to be able to fix this by putting the brightness all the way down then back to where I wanted it. Now, however, even when it is on full brightness it is less than half as bright as when it is plugged in, and it is still flickering and getting darker.

Please respond if you know of any way to fix this.

Saturday, April 19, 2014 3:26 PM

Answers

• check out this link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows7/how-do-i-make-the-display-on-my-laptop-brighter

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    IT Stuff Quick Bytes

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:30 AM
    Monday, April 21, 2014 7:54 AM

All replies

• For this problem you need to contact the Technical Support for your computer.  It sounds like your display is going bad and may need to be replaced.  Windows cannot compensate for defective hardware.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:28 PM
  • maybe the battery i had a old xp that did that till i got new battery if not it is deffently problem with the pc it self
    Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:34 PM
  • check out this link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows7/how-do-i-make-the-display-on-my-laptop-brighter

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    IT Stuff Quick Bytes

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:30 AM
    Monday, April 21, 2014 7:54 AM