none
SCDPM DR Secondary Server Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed SCDPM on both my datacenter and DR location. Now when i try to install SCDPM agent on primary site from secondary DR DPM server i get following error

error 33120 Unable to configure security settings for DpmDRTrustedMachines group on the computer WSNIC-DPM for DRWS-WIN65.

Recommended action: 1) Make sure that the user name and password you have provided has administrator privileges on the target computer or

2) DpmDRTrustedMachines group is present on WSNIC-DPM or

3) Verify that you have the same major version of DPM on WSNIC-DPM and DRWS-WIN65.

We have opened following ports on firewall

135, 5718, 5719, DCOM dynamic ports (49152-49252)

Please advise, I am not able to find anything in google/Bing regarding error 33120.

Monday, May 31, 2010 10:42 AM

Answers

• Solved the issue :)

Need to open all the ports listed in technet between two DPM server as well as from secondary DPM to the Hyper-V Cluster Nodes.

• Marked as answer by msrathore Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:26 AM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hey,

I have never had this problem, but I would start with checking with the items he says

1. The account you are using to install the agent, does it have administrative rights on the primary DPM server?
    2. Does the local group DpmDRTrustedMachines exist?
    3. Is the DPM version of the primary exactly the same then the secondary?

Last but not least, if everything above is ok, install the agent manually on the primary DPM server and then attach it to the secondary.  If that works, maybe there is still something not ok in the communication.

For the firewall ports... Port 137/UDP 138/UDP 139 TCP and 445/TCP also have to be open for various reasons (according to the technet article) but maybe it is better to allow everything for a split second to test whether it is the firewall or something else

Just my 2 cents

Cheers,

Mike Resseler

"msrathore" wrote in message news:75efee8e-1905-40e1-a806-81b53bd66887...
    I have installed SCDPM on both my datacenter and DR location. Now when i try to install SCDPM agent on primary site from secondary DR DPM server i get following error

error 33120 Unable to configure security settings for DpmDRTrustedMachines group on the computer WSNIC-DPM for DRWS-WIN65.

Recommended action: 1) Make sure that the user name and password you have provided has administrator privileges on the target computer or

2) DpmDRTrustedMachines group is present on WSNIC-DPM or

3) Verify that you have the same major version of DPM on WSNIC-DPM and DRWS-WIN65.

We have opened following ports on firewall

135, 5718, 5719, DCOM dynamic ports (49152-49252)

Please advise, I am not able to find anything in google/Bing regarding error 33120.

Visit System Center User Group Belgium @ http://scug.be and http://scug.be/blogs/scdpm
    Monday, May 31, 2010 12:27 PM
  • Mike,

Thanks for your reply, All the three things have been verified and are ok. I tried installing DPM agent on Primary DPM server but it fails and says agent cant be installed on the server where DPM server is installed.  My client is a big organization and we cannot open All the ports anytime to check. any other things i can check???

thanks in advance :)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 4:37 AM
  • Try creating the security group DPMDRTrustedMachines on the primary DPM and add the secondary DPM machine to the group. Then retry the operation.

Thanks
    Vinay Tibrewal [MSFT]

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:47 AM
  • Hi Vinay,

Primary DPM already has a group DPMDRTrustedMachines. I have adde the secondary DPM to the group but stil the issue remains.

Thanks,

Mahender

Friday, June 4, 2010 6:30 AM
  • Look at the MSDPMCurr.errlog in <DPM installation path>\Temp . Search for 'Exception while trying to configure' in the file. That should tell the exact HResult of the failure.

Thanks
    Vinay Tibrewal [MSFT]

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 4, 2010 8:54 AM
  • Hi,

I opened up some more ports on the firewalllike 137,138,139, 445 etc and my agent is installed now.  But now i am stuck into another problem, the agent status gives error

Protection agent version: 3.0.7558.0
    Error: Data Protection Manager Error ID: 316
     The protection agent operation on wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in failed because the service did not respond.
    Detailed error code: Internal error code: 0x8099090E
    Recommended action: If you recently installed a protection agent on wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in, the computer may be restarting. Wait a few minutes after restarting the computer for the protection agent to become available. Otherwise, troubleshoot the problem as follows:
    1) Check the recent records from the DPMRA source in the Application Event Log on wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in to find out why the agent failed to respond.
    2) Verify that the DPM server is remotely accessible from wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in.
    3) If a firewall is enabled on the DPM server, verify that it is not blocking requests from wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in.
    4) If wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in is a workgroup computer configured to use NETBIOS, ensure that the NETBIOS name of the DPM server is accessible from wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in. Otherwise verify that the DNS name is remotely acessible.
    5) If wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in is a workgroup server, ensure that the DPM server has an IPSEC exception to allow communication from workgroup servers.
    6) If wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in is a workgroup server the password for the DPM user accounts may have changed or expired. To resolve this error, run SetDpmServer with the -UpdatePassword flag on the protected computer and Update-NonDomainServerInfo.ps1 on the DPM server.
    7) Restart the DPM Protection Agent service on wsnic-dpm.wsnicd1.nic.in. If the service fails to start, reinstall the DPM protection agent.

thanks for help

Friday, June 4, 2010 10:50 AM
  • Solved the issue :)

Need to open all the ports listed in technet between two DPM server as well as from secondary DPM to the Hyper-V Cluster Nodes.

• Marked as answer by msrathore Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:26 AM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:26 AM