reqired field in custom class RRS feed

• Question

• I made custom enumeration list.

Need to made enum reqired field, but cant find my enum than i choose for defoul value

Sunday, April 2, 2017 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi

To make a custom list mandatory requires the following steps:

1. Extend the class to make a new list property
    2. Create the new list
    3. Extend the form with list control
    4. Bind the list property to the new list control on the form
    5. Set the new list to be mandatory on the form
    6. Import the Management Pack(s)
    7. Go to the library and fill out values for the List. Until this point you will have a blank list with no enums. 

I would tend to use templates to set the default value or you can try setting it on the form list control properties. Setting the list control may require exporting the Management Pack that holds the enums and adding it to the Authoring Tool library folder so that it loads the values.

Note: Making a custom list control mandatory will not show the red dot that the out of the box controls have. This can be problematic for Analysts, if they don't know which field is mandatory.  You can either put a permanent red dot next to the control (will not disappear when filled in) or create custom code to do this (Rob Ford used to have a blog post on this, but I think it has gone now).

Hopefully one of the steps above will help in solving the issue you have.

Regards

Glen 

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Sunday, April 2, 2017 8:40 PM
  • Hello,

Hope links below could be helpful for you:

Making SCSM Custom List visible in the console:

https://richardjgreen.net/making-scsm-custom-lists-visible-in-the-console/

Service Manager- Crete List Items Using Enum Builder:

http://www.concurrency.com/blog/w/service-manager-create-list-items-using-enum-build

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 3:11 AM
  • Hi

I mis-read the question and I think Yan Li's answer is better and hopefully what you need.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Monday, April 3, 2017 7:19 AM