SCEP 2012 Managament Pack - agentless monitoring for clients like win7? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am trying to monitor scep 2012 clients with scom 2012 using scep management pack.

All works fine monitoring servers and clients with an installed scom agent - but is it possible to monitor the scep client on windows clients (not servers) agentless?

Thanks for your help,
    Peter

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:21 PM

Answers

• Well, actually monitoring of the agent is done from Config Mgr. Also reporting, deployment, updating and stuff like that. The maangement pack is just added to SCOM for you to get more insight into what the software is doing on servers (assuming thats where most of your scom agents live). The management pack is written for agent based monitoring and not agentless.

I guess you can always try to do some agentless monitoring, however that is less recommended. You could for instance try to pick up the state of the windows services remotely. All depends on what you want to monitor. agentless monitoring is a strain on the environment, so be carefull if you have large numbers.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient

Friday, May 18, 2012 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You should refer to the MP guide to check if it supports agentless Windows client.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 18, 2012 10:00 AM
  • Hi Alex,

i know. I've only found http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412487.

------------------------------

Out of the article:

In order to monitor FEP 2010 clients, each client must have the Operations Manager agent installed in addition to the FEP 2010 client.
    For information about deploying FEP 2010 clients, see Client Deployment.

------------------------------

So there is really no other pssobility to monitor clients without this operation manager agent? :(

Thanks,
    Peter

Friday, May 18, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Well, actually monitoring of the agent is done from Config Mgr. Also reporting, deployment, updating and stuff like that. The maangement pack is just added to SCOM for you to get more insight into what the software is doing on servers (assuming thats where most of your scom agents live). The management pack is written for agent based monitoring and not agentless.

I guess you can always try to do some agentless monitoring, however that is less recommended. You could for instance try to pick up the state of the windows services remotely. All depends on what you want to monitor. agentless monitoring is a strain on the environment, so be carefull if you have large numbers.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient

Friday, May 18, 2012 3:02 PM
  • DO you need any more input on this Peter?
    Let us know.

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:40 AM
  • Hello Bob,

thanks for your answer, i don't need any more input.

thanks for your help,
    Peter

Monday, June 4, 2012 9:32 AM