none
Internet explorer doing half the job RRS feed

• Question

• For the past couple of weeks, my internet explorer is only doing half the job.  When I try to download something (picture, program) it starts the process and then goes into a loop (where the activity circle is turning continuously) and jams after 15% of download.  Also, half of my favorites don't load anymore.

I have checked for viruses and malware without results.  I have tried removing and reinstalling IE 11 to no avail.  I have installed Firefox and get the same results.  I don't know where to look anymore...  I am on Windows 10.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:48 PM

Answers

• have installed Firefox and get the same results.

So it's not an IE problem but probably caused by an interferer nonetheless.  Try booting in safe mode with Networking to check if the symptom occurs there too.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LSModerator Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:30 AM
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:53 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Jean,

Thank you for your question.

By this issue, we could refer to the following steps to troubleshooting:

1. Disable the third anti-virus software
    2. For testing, disable Windows firewall
    3. Update Windows update to the lasted 
    4. Check if the issue occur on other PCs

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 8, 2016 6:42 AM
  • have installed Firefox and get the same results.

So it's not an IE problem but probably caused by an interferer nonetheless.  Try booting in safe mode with Networking to check if the symptom occurs there too.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LSModerator Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:30 AM
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:53 PM
    Answerer