locked
What prevents a package from pre-loading into the AppV cache (using SCCM) RRS feed

  • Question

  • This could be an App-V issue or an SCCM issue, not entirely sure...

    When SCCM deploys AppV apps to clients we always set to download and run locally.  With this set SCCM will always cache the entire package in the AppV cache immediately so it can be used offline.

    I've got a package where this just isn't working.  It is set to download and run locally but after it is deployed the PercentLoaded value shows 0.  If a user then runs it you are looking at a delay whilst it then unpacks from the SCCM cache to the AppV cache.  This package includes a script which executes when published so could this be the culprit?

    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:00 PM

Answers

  • Hello,
    Perhaps you could start by deleting the "commons-logging-1.0.4.jar" from the root and see if that makes a difference?

    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Did try that but it does actually log that for hundred of files.  Have solved it now though.  The package had a script which did some work to enable the license once the package was published.  This, in some circumstances removed a file.  So you had a file which exists in the SCCM cache but not in the App-V cache.  This causes the mount to fail.

    I troubleshooted this but manually trying to copy all the files from the App-V cache to a different location, which forced them to download.  This got the package to 98% mounted.  I then used winmerge to compare the SCCM cache with my new copy and that highlighted the missing file.


    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, February 17, 2014 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by David WoltersModerator Monday, February 24, 2014 2:19 PM
    Monday, February 17, 2014 9:26 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    If you review the logs - what does that tell you that the mount-appvclientpackage operation did?


    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:58 PM
  • Mmm the mount seems to be failing...

    AppVManageClient5X::MountAppVPackage() failed for package [530ecc6a-26db-487f-9ab8-5bd3c427a9d1]. (0x87d0128f)

    Looking in the App-V Event viewer we have events like:

    Microsoft AppV Streaming Manager LoadAll failed with status The system cannot find the file specified., Package Version {b83b67b9-56a8-4862-aaa0-16d27c2036ab}

    and

    Could not read the streaming information from file \ProgramData\App-V\0CD3D585-5851-4242-B9E5-A8F49ABC04B5\b83b67b9-56a8-4862-aaa0-16d27c2036ab\Root\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar. Failure status 0xc0000275. - VERBOSE MESSAGE NOT AN ERROR

    0xc0000275 means nothing to me so a quick Google shows The file or directory does not have a reparse point.

    Perhaps an issue with the package then?  It is still residing inside the SCCM cache and if a user runs the software it starts mounting more of it...

     


    • Edited by Alan Dooley Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:14 PM more info
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:42 AM

  • Perhaps an issue with the package then?  It is still residing inside the SCCM cache and if a user runs the software it starts mounting more of it...

     


    More testing shows that if the user runs the app, or you manually access the files within the App-V cache it will mount up to PercentLoaded 98%, procmon doesn't show anything useful about what files could be causing the issue.   There are over 10K files in this package so tricky...
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:22 PM
  • Hello,
    Perhaps you could start by deleting the "commons-logging-1.0.4.jar" from the root and see if that makes a difference?

    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Friday, February 14, 2014 6:38 PM
  • Are the integration junction points there? Are you publish to the machine or to the user?

    Steve Thomas, Senior Consultant, Microsoft

    App-V/MED-V/SCVMM/Server App-V/MDOP/AppCompat

    http://blogs.technet.com/gladiatormsft/
    The App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
    The MED-V Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv
    The SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm/

    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all risks.”

    Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:18 PM
  • Hello,
    Perhaps you could start by deleting the "commons-logging-1.0.4.jar" from the root and see if that makes a difference?

    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Did try that but it does actually log that for hundred of files.  Have solved it now though.  The package had a script which did some work to enable the license once the package was published.  This, in some circumstances removed a file.  So you had a file which exists in the SCCM cache but not in the App-V cache.  This causes the mount to fail.

    I troubleshooted this but manually trying to copy all the files from the App-V cache to a different location, which forced them to download.  This got the package to 98% mounted.  I then used winmerge to compare the SCCM cache with my new copy and that highlighted the missing file.


    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, February 17, 2014 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by David WoltersModerator Monday, February 24, 2014 2:19 PM
    Monday, February 17, 2014 9:26 AM