Saving Compare results with Microsoft Security Compliance Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a win 2003 sp2 baseline and ran a compare against WS03-SSLF-Member-Server 1.0.  The console only lets you save the results as an XML file.

Can anyone tell me how I can view this in a reader friendly format???  I find it strange that it can't be saved as a *.doc, *.xls etc.

Thanks Ron

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:29 AM

Answers

• Sadly, we didn’t make this easy in version 1 of SCM L Sorry about that Ron. You’re not the first person to mention this to me; I’ve had several auditor type people ask me to add this as a feature. I’ll see what I can do to make this more useable in the next version. I never found the XML useful at all in compare...

Jeff dot Sigman at microsoft dot com
    {Programmer Dude}
    Microsoft | Solution Accelerators

• Marked as answer by forthron Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:22 AM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 11:23 PM

All replies

• Anyone from MS have any ideas??????

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:15 AM
  • Sadly, we didn’t make this easy in version 1 of SCM L Sorry about that Ron. You’re not the first person to mention this to me; I’ve had several auditor type people ask me to add this as a feature. I’ll see what I can do to make this more useable in the next version. I never found the XML useful at all in compare...

{Programmer Dude}

• Marked as answer by forthron Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:22 AM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 11:23 PM
  • Thanks Jeff.  Also the ability to import our current GPO into the tool would be great.  Handy for then comparing off the baselines.  I have read that this maybe a feature in the next release
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 5:24 AM

• No worries Ron – thanks for using SCM!

Not a maybe baby! Couldn’t pass up on that opportunity to rhyme – GPO Import is one of the most important things we are working on right now for SCM 2.0. I hope to have it out early 2011.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/secguide/archive/2010/11/18/new-version-of-scm-causes-peace-on-earth.aspx

{Programmer Dude}

Thursday, December 2, 2010 4:12 PM
  • Excellent. I like your enthusiasm.

Thanks again,

Ron

Thursday, December 2, 2010 9:56 PM
  • Is there a xslt file availiable to pretty this up?
    Friday, May 13, 2011 11:40 AM