Problem creating a new package using Command Line Sequencer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was trying to create a new package using Command Line Sequencer, but faced a problem.

1. I created a batch file to silently install SnagIT application when double-clicked. This works fine.
    2. Used the following command at the command prompt to create package:

K:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer>sftsequencer /installpackage:"K:\Temp\Install.bat"
        /installpath:"Q:\snagit.823" /outputfile:"Q:\Snagit823_MNT\Snagit823_MNT.sprj" /packagename:"Snagit823_MNT"   

The folders 'snagit.823' and 'Snagit823_MNT' get created in the Q: drive.
    3. The 'Install' tab appears in the task bar.
    4. The sequencer fails with the message: "Installer failed in execution" in the command prompt
    5. I tried the same after disabling Automatic Updates service also but same results show up.

Any leads in this regard would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    John

Friday, July 24, 2009 7:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Did you really make sure that AU service was not only disabled but stopped aswell?

/Znack
    Monday, July 27, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Yes, I had made sure that the service was stopped and then disabled.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:26 AM
  • You may check the Sequencer Log, if it reports any issue (see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc843707.aspx).
    You also may check Snagit's install log itself (it might not be enabled by default; see http://technet.microsoft.com/library/cc817171.aspx and look for "voicewarmup" to enabled it)

Also, SnagIt may try to install a driver (printer driver) that could cause sequencing to fail

And, cmd-Sequencer does not support reboots during sequencing (not sure if snagit requires one)

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:24 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:33 AM